3 Warranty limitations
3.1 By express agreement, the warranty is limited to the pure and simple replacement of parts acknowledged by us to be defective, or the repair thereof, at our discretion. The limitation excludes indemnity of any nature, including damages caused by people or property.
3.2 The warranty shall only be effective on the formal condition that all work or repairs are carried out by competent personnel holding Gas Safe and any other relevant certifications.
3.3 The boiler or cylinder shall be cleaned, adjusted and checked at least once a year by a competent Gas Safe service engineer holding the relevant certifications. Warranty claims will only be considered with full service records which include gas analysis readings.
3.4 The application of the warranty may in no event result in the replacement of the unit, nor the return or reimbursement, partial or otherwise thereof.
3.5 The warranty does not cover servicing and travel costs, which are charged to the user.
3.6 Modifications made to the equipment without the prior written approval of ACV-UK will invalidate any warranty
3.7 The 10 year guarantee on the stainless steel heat exchanger is offered following conditions:
- The 10 year warranty is only applicable on boilers purchased from 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2018
- The boilers must be commissioned by an ACV approved agent
- The boilers must be serviced annually and a record kept with the boilers, and made available for any warranty claims
- The boilers must be installed and maintained as per ACV installation instructions
- The Primary heating water must be treated for prevention of corrosion and scaling
3.8 The warranty excludes:
- Installations by unqualified operatives and outwith the accordance of current regulations and ACV installation instructions;
- Refractory linings;
- Scaling and its consequences;
- Accidents due to freezing or other chance events;
- Corrosion due to concentrations of chloride in the domestic hot water supply in excess of 125mg/l , <6.6pH, >8.5 pH
- Damage to external finish;
- Improper repair or leaking fittings external to the cylinder;
- External corrosion caused by an element exterior to the cylinder;
- Corrosion caused by poor quality water within the heating circuit; concentration of oxygen (multiple refills);
- Accidents due to malfunctioning of the control or safety devices such as: safety valves, water pressure switches, safety cut-outs;
- Damage due to inferior work by third parties;
- Faults in the electrical system, connections, voltage;
- Failure of the equipment due to improper usage or negligence;
- Circumstances in which the buyer has designed all or part of the equipment or has supplied some materials for the manufacture thereof;
- Stainless steel tank failure due to over-pressurisation or vacuum;
- Failure to observe the correct filling instructions;
- Aesthetic issues of no relevant consequence to the proper functioning of the equipment.