CIBSE-accredited CPD course
The Principles of Domestic Hot Water (DHW) Sizing
Are you looking to learn more about the different sizing methods and the disparity that can be found between the different sizing guides? Then look not further than our CIBSE-accredited CPD seminar on Domestic Hot Water (DHW) Sizing.
Who should attend?
If you’re involved in the management of hot water in commercial buildings, then this CPD training is ideal for you. Public health engineers, mechanical engineers and those responsible for DHW specification would all benefit.
The seminar is of value to both those new to DHW or more experienced engineers as the CPD covers new methods of DHW storage and production.
What will be covered?
This CIBSE accredited CPD training looks at the different standards for sizing Domestic Hot Water in commercial applications.
Topics covered include:
· The current standards for best practice
· Design guidelines for Engineers
· The importance of setting criteria to work to
· How to increase performance by storing at higher temperatures
· Methods of safe hot water including Legionella protection
· Benefits of minimising storage and reducing plant footprint
· Real project examples and how the current standards can achieve different results
· How a Tank-in-Tank method delivers exceptional hot water performance in a safe, clean method
What are the benefits of attending?
· Discover the different methods for designing a system to ensure it produces enough hot water
· Understand the current guidelines and best practice for DHW design
· Learn the differences between a static and dynamic system
· Realise the benefits of minimising hot water storage and increasing storage temperatures
· Increase your awareness of safety and quality issues, such as scale and Legionella
· Review the different fuel options available for DHW systems
· ACV UK CPDs count towards a CIBSE members annual CPD hours
· You will receive a certificate of attendance
What have previous attendees said?
"David provided a good overview of the topic and provided good points for consideration within our designs. He was also adaptable in answering questions around our areas of interest (mainly hospitals)." Richard
"The presenter delivered well! Lots of useful info." Chris
"A thorough overview of industry standards." Rob
Who delivers the CPD?
ACV has been designing, manufacturing and distributing products for hot water generation for commercial and residential heating applications since 1922. In the UK we formed in 1991 and have been providing the range of long lasting, high performance hot water products to the UK.
Our CPD seminars are free to attend and delivered by experienced and qualified HVAC professionals.
How are these delivered?
Usually we would deliver these at your premises. But due to the current restrictions with Covid-19 we are delivering these via teams.